At a Glance:
- Taney County population is approximately 53,086.
- Households in Taney County have a median income of $37,249.
- In terms of educational attainment, over 85% of the population has a high school diploma or higher and nearly 18% have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- The county’s economy has enjoyed steady growth over the past three years, with the value of new construction in 2016 alone surpassing $300 million.
- Taney County has the 11th lowest cost of living in the U.S. and a cost of living index of 88.2.
- Top Industries: Tourism, Healthcare, Retail and Education and Housing/ Real Estate.
- Median Housing Value of Taney County is $124,400 versus the national median of $175,700.
- Located in Hollister, MO, College of the Ozarks ranked 4th among the top 30 in the Midwest according to U.S. News and World Report.
- The OTC Table Rock Campus offers a variety of general, technical, non-credit and adult education and literacy courses, as well as complete degree programs.
- Located centrally in the United States, the Taney County area is within a day’s drive of more than 30 percent of the U.S. population.
- Taney County is home to Branson Missouri, one of the country’s most popular vacation destinations.